The Great South Coast Walk is a concept that connects the many high-quality walking and nature-based experiences the region has to offer. It links 660 km of walking track along the southern coastline of New South Wales, from Bundeena on the southern fringe of Sydney to Mallacoota in Victoria.
This report aims to assess the potential of the Great South Coast Walk to:
• become the first mainland NSW ‘Great Walk’ that will appeal to domestic and international visitors
• stimulate low season and mid-week visitation and increase repeat visitation for both domestic and international markets
• increase the average length of stay and overnight expenditure of domestic and international visitors to the region
• stimulate industry investment to package, promote and sell walking experiences to drive the visitor economy; and
• generate other benefits for communities on the South Coast.