Where can I get legal advice for my business?

January 22, 2020

Mediation and Dispute Resolution Services

Free mediation services are available from NSW Small Business Commission for small business who have been affected by the bushfires.

Small businesses will have access to confidential dispute resolution services with highly trained mediators that can provide information and advice to businesses experiencing disputes, as well as information about insurance, commercial agreements or leases. For more information, visit the website or call 1300 795 534

Legal support

The private NSW legal community along with Legal Aid NSW are providing free legal assistance and pro-bono services for people and businesses affected by the bushfires.

For assistance and more information, call the LawAccess NSW Disaster Response Hotline on 1800 801 529 or visit the website.

Energy and Water Ombudsman

The Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW provides free and independent dispute resolution services for all electricity and gas customers on a range of issues including additional time to pay bills, a break in current payment plans or help with reconnection of supply.

For assistance and more information, call 1800 246 545 or visit the website.

About RE:NSW

In response to both the global COVID-19 pandemic and recent bushfire disaster, there are a range of resources being distributed by a variety of local, state and national organisations. Destination Southern NSW and Destination Sydney Surrounds South are gathering this information together on RE:NSW to assist tourism operators to respond, recover and renew their businesses and local tourism region during and after the impact of these events.